Financial Psychology Institute Europe® is an independent non-profit organization!
Our goal is to help relieve financial stress and promote healthy financial behavior.
Our mission is to obtain Financial Health and Financial Well-being in Europe.
The Financial Psychology Institute Europe® focuses on the combination of and interaction between: financial literacy; financial socialization; emotional awareness; (destructive) financial beliefs; social & cultural aspects and the financial comfort zone. Financial Psychology consists of a combination of Behavioral Finance with Clinical Psychology. The Financial Psychology Institute Europe® is an independent institute. We are a non-profit organization. We are open to anyone with an interest and obstacles in the field of Financial Psychology & Behavioral Finance. The purpose of the Financial Psychology Institute Europe® is to contribute to relieving financial stress and promoting healthy financial behavior. In order to obtain financial health and total well-being. Financial psychology tools help establish effective financial decision-making, also in conflicts and procedures.
Financial Psychology Institute Europe® focuses on the use of psychological research, theory, structures & interventions to develop techniques that help shape financial beliefs and behaviors. This contributes to improving financial health on both individual as group basis. Financial Psychology goes a step further than recognizing and circumventing universal cognitive biases. Financial Psychology Institute Europe® focuses on financial beliefs and obstacles such as: financial stressors; moneyscripts; resistance to financial advice; overspending; the financial comfort zone; financial provocation and financial anxiety.
Mission Financial Psychology Institute Europe®
Increase the understanding of how psychological aspects influence financial behavior and financial decision making.
Establish evidence-based interventions to obtain individuals & societies financial health and to improve (financial) well-being.
Educate financial professionals, mental health- and other professionals to work more efficaciously with clients.
We Carry Out OurMission With:
- Research in the field of Financial Psychology, Financial Therapy, Behavioral Finance.
- Develop evidence-based interventions in collaboration with various (international) institutions & organizations.
- Develop educational & training material.
- Facilitate establishing guidelines in regard of financial behavior.
- Advising governments according to financial health, financial literacy and financial well-being
Our Evidence Based Interventions Help To:
- Addressing and alleviating money related psychological and emotional factors which inhibit / decrease financial and mental health.
- Reducing financial fears and anxiety,
- Addressing and alleviate destructive financial behavior.
- Promote financial self-sufficiency.
- Obtain and increase financial health and overall (financial) well-being.
- Establish sufficient financial decision-making.
For Professionals in the Field Of:
- Financial Planning.
- Banking and Insurance.
- Mental Health.
- Business Consulting.
- Tax Consulting.
- Law Enforcement,
- Law Services.
- Education for all these professionals.
- Government Institutions.
- Research for all these disciplines.
Our Core Values
Board & Councils of the Financial Psychology Institute Europe®
Dr. Paul T. (Ted) Klontz
Dr. Bradley T. Klontz CFP®
ing. Anne Abbenes MSc, MFP, FBS
Drs. Jelle van den Berg
mr. Marco Anink LL.M.
coming soon .
Dr. Meghaan Lurtz, FBS®
International Expertise Council
Dr. Siem de Ruijter
Financial Literacy & Sustainability Council
drs. Neeske Abrahamse
(Market) Research Council
Dr Kristy Archuleta LMFT CFT
Financial Behavior& Research Council